Sunday 11 January 2015

My Re-read Jar (container)!

Last year was an amazing reading year for me , I read around 140 books!  I loved majority of them and I'm desperate to re-read them.

 On my instagram (Link at the bottom of my blog page) I've noticed a lot of people making TBR jars because of the high number of books they have yet to read. I don't have that problem because I only buy books I'm desperate to read and I don't allow myself to to buy more books until I've finished reading all my unread books. However, I really liked the idea of getting to pick something to read out of a jar every month and I didn't know which order to start re-reading my books in, so I figured this would be the best way.

I'm still planning on reading and buying new books but this just ensures that I am getting to re-read my favourite books again. All in all, there are 62 pieces of paper,every month I plan on picking out  five. Instead of writing books in a series individually I wrote the name of the series, so I could read them together. I didn't do that for companion series except for 'The Rosemary Beach' and 'The Seabreeze' by Abbi Glines because they are more intertwined than other companion series in my opinion.

 If I pick out a book that is apart of a series I don't own the rest of, those will be the books I buy that month. E.g. I've read 'The Darkest Minds' by Alexandra Bracken, but I haven't read 'Never Fade' or 'In The Afterlight'. Those are the books I'll buy so I can complete the series

I really think this is a great way to cut down on buying so many books, to complete my unfinished series and revisit all the great books I've read in the last year.

Feel free to do this aswell, you don't have to use the same 'rules' I have it's just so I can finish the jar within this year.

Thank you for reading his post and check out next week's where I reveal my most anticipated releases of 2015 and my reading goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment